Thursday, March 18, 2010

Upgrade


When did I get this purse? Sometime in high school, or possibly even middle school, and I'm also pretty sure it was a hand-me-down from my mom.

Alas, this simple purse has lasted me through thick and thin. It has seen years of style changes. It has recovered from exploded pens, melted chocolate, spilled lotion bottles, and many an unwrapped peppermint.

And guess what? It's finally time for an upgrade.

Here was my list of qualifications when we went out Wednesday:
plain jane (no flashy logos or monograms or whatever)
be able to shove a book and a diaper in there, if need be
be able to close with all my normal things inside
pocket with a zipper
strap to hang my keys on
not too big
outside pocket for cell phone (so I don't have to dig through it)
durable (obviously)
structured, be able to stand up on its own, not topple over and spill out my things
a few organized compartments, not one big space

And here is the end product:

Here's to hoping this one has a life as long and useful as its predecessor.

1 comment:

cal+claire said...

Wow. That's actually edging on stylish hahahaha see you in a few hours (yay, i can't sleep)