Friday, March 12, 2010

I Tasted China

Yesterday was a loooooong day. Crazy tired in the morning, but woke up at 6 anyway because I've been jonesing to go on a walk lately. Took me about 20 minutes to call it quits. Really all it took was for me to start thinking about all the things that need to be done at home, but it takes about 20 minutes for my brain to start working. So that's the trick, people. When you have lots of stuff you NEED to do and one thing you WANT to do, do that one thing when you're half-awake (so you don't have to deal with your mind giving you grief because you SHOULD be doing something else). Anyway, it was all good because I had just enough time to make breakfast before the little Tyke woke up.

That reminds me: I need to make more bread. Does anyone want to grind the wheat for me? It really works out the arm muscles (if that's a motivating factor for anyone...)

Breakfast, yum, toast and eggs and freshly-squeezed orange juice (just kidding about the freshly-squeezed part). Wow, that makes me hungry. Work was super boring (Thursdays don't really bring in the big rush that you might think). Picked up Tycho from the sitter and we headed over to the Old Mall, which is always deserted but has a great play area. Played for a couple hours and then met Jacob and a couple of school friends at Taste of China, a buffet restaurant, which was exactly what I needed at this point. Thanks to Anthony and Thomas for treating us to a night out, even though it was kinda awkward because this was our first meeting and I was stuffing my face the whole time. Nice.

No comments: