Friday, April 16, 2010

Doing Taxes Is Seasonal Work

Today was my last day of work. Yesterday was the last day for everyone else in the office. I was just closing up shop today.

It was odd. I got that same sensation I did in high school when it was the last day of school. There are the people that you don't really say goodbye to or "have a good summer" because, well, you're gonna see them all summer. Then there are the people that were your friends, but not really good enough friends to hang out with outside of school (unless through a mutual friend or a party of some sort). What do you say to these people?

Anyway, that was the sensation I got. What do I say to these people? They were nice. We were even friends of sorts. But, let's face it, I won't see them again (except for maybe the 0.01% chance we stick around here and the even lesser chance that I'll come back and work for H&R Block next tax season).

So, we just shook hands, did the whole pleasure-working-with-you thing, exchanged phone numbers with one co-worker (we all know nothing will come of that), and that was it. Goodbye Henry and Richard Block tax services...

Forever.

Maybe.

No comments: