Monday, February 22, 2010

The Weekend

So we made it down to Houston in one piece on Friday (or early Saturday morning, I should say). Said our hellos to Seth and the rest, played soccer in the morning, and came back to the house to find that the brakes on our car do not work. Ungh. Fortunately, my in-laws are chock full of men who have better knowledge about cars than Average Joe. So, between them all, we figured out the problem. UNfortunately, they could not fix it and it had to be taken to a shop. Ungh number dos. My very generous father-in-law gave us his car to drive back to Sherman (because Jacob has to go to school and I have to go to work) and he is going to drive our newly-repaired car back up to us this Saturday. Of course he brushed it off, saying that he wanted to come up and visit us anyway... those crazy-generous Morrills.

So, all is well in H-town. Seth is adjusting (still using Spanish more than English and feeling guilty watching even a PG movie). I think another fabulous uncle is in the works, though. I can see Tycho really hitting it off with Seth. Excelente!

No comments: