Monday, February 1, 2010

Snap

Few things on my mind:

1. I think it's hilarious that my father-in-law says "snap." I have a really hard time not laughing when this happens.

2. Jacob's CTO exam is on Wednesday, and I am getting super nervous. More nervous than I ever was with any of my exams...

3. What should we do for Valentine's Day?

4. I feel sorry for/slightly annoyed at this guy, Jerome, in the office, who happens to be realllllly slow at everything (walking, writing, typing, talking). I feel slightly annoyed because of the slowness... I am a fast-paced person. Wanna get everything done and I wanna get it done efficiently. I feel sorry for him because his own clients get annoyed at his slowness--some walk out, some get angry, some yell out so the whole lobby full of people can hear them say "I don't want that guy again!!!" and then everyone else in the lobby decides they want to wait an hour for someone else to do their taxes rather than have Jerome do it. Okay, so the latter has only happened once. I feel sorry for him because he is totally oblivious of all of this... or is he? This man is probably the nicest man I will ever meet. He is always kind, no matter how a customer treats him. And he's always happy and upbeat, no matter how the day is going. When he has rough days (which is pretty much every day), I can't get it out of my mind how utterly depressed I would be if I were him. He calls each name on the check-in list with nothing but a proud smile on his face. He chooses to be happy. He chooses to be happy with himself. Poor Jerome? Or poor me?

5. Joy is a woman in our ward who watched Tycho for two weeks when I started my job (to give me time to look for a new babysitter). She. Is amazing. She has six kids, five of which are adopted, and still volunteered happily when I desparately plead in relief society for a babysitter. And the most amazing part? She didn't want to be paid for it. So I'm thinking for "Valentine's Day" (my excuse to get her something), I will pull together a movie basket and a card with money or a gift certificate or something. She noted earlier that she was in need of some disney movies...

6. I am annoyed. About stuff. Car stuff. In general, I think we would all be better off if there were no such thing as cars.

No comments: