Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Hold The Phone

Cuba post number one is about the phone.

We're living in 1990. Remember 1990? Remember when you were a kid, how the phone would ring, and everybody would race to get it? Ah, to be the one who got there first. I can't quite remember if I ever enjoyed actually answering the phone, or if it was just winning the race. But now I know. Of COURSE kids like to answer the phone!

So, we don't have cell phones. What we do have is a telephone with a CORD.

To which Tycho races whenever it rings (who is he racing?)

A couple days ago the Geico insurance agent we are in contact with called for some information and Tycho got to the phone first, started talking about stuff we had been doing that day and what we had for lunch. I thought it was Jacob (I even asked if it was Dad and he said it was) so I let him keep talking. I took the phone after a couple of minutes and the Geico guy was chuckling. I think it was sweet that he was just letting Tycho ramble, instead of hanging up and calling back later. Makes me love Geico even more.

p.s. $200 for an entire year of car insurance?!?! The cheap-old-miser part of my brain is begging me to stay here.

1 comment:

cal+claire said...

I.refuse. You may not stay.

Well, not that we have that out of the way... the story about Tycho is A-DORABLE. I totally remember running to the phone and I would get in trouble because I was so so bad at taking messages. I just wanted to talk to these people, I did not care why they called.

One time someone thought that I was my dad when I said hello. Seriously?