Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tonight

Tonight we did the bedtime routine--race up the stairs, brush our teeth together (I wonder when brushing his teeth will stop being an incentive for Tycho to go to bed? Probably--hopefully--for as long as he uses that fluoride-free, yummy, fruity toothpaste that he can swallow), pajamas, family prayer, sing a slow song, and, finally, night night.

Tycho never had trouble with his graduation to the big boy bed. If anything, bedtime got easier when we got it six months ago. But, I always assumed that it took him awhile to go to sleep, that maybe he even got out of bed and messed around in his room or something (seems like something he would do).

Tonight, right after we put Tycho to bed, I went in our bedroom to get changed, turned on the light... and tripped a breaker. Then the search for the breaker box began. First thing, Jacob told me to look in Tycho's closet. My thoughts: argh, but we just got him in there and now he'll wanna get out and be part of the action! Wrong. I went in there not even two minutes after he went down and he was fast asleep. My opening the creaky closet and looking for the breaker box with a flashlight didn't wake him either.

HA! The kid takes after me! I've always been able to go to sleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. It's a gift.