Friday, September 10, 2010

Life

Yesterday I had a doctor's appointment (p.s. I have passed the 150-lb-mark and still gaining strong. Ugh. Went from 148 to 152 in two weeks. The nurse said it's okay to blame it on Labor Day eating. I like her.)

Everything is perfect/normal/right on schedule. Doc went over my chart a few times, asked me questions about everything, and then declared that I am a "model patient" and that maybe I should produce babies professionally. He was joking about that second part... I think.

He asked me if I'm going to breastfeed (chya!) and when I said "chya!" he got all excited and put one more check mark in the column that makes me his favorite patient. He told me that, for reasons unbeknownst to him, the percentage of mothers in Sherman who breastfeed their babies is significantly less than the average in the United States... only about ten percent! Let's get with the program, Sherman.

In other news, Endless Shrimp has started up again at Red Lobster, the very thing Jacob has been salivating over ever since... well, ever since it ended last year. So we are going today in celebration of the normalness of my pregnancy, because there has to be a celebration if we're going out to eat. I wonder how Tycho will fare this year? Because about this time last year, we went to Red Lobster with these lovely people, and we ladies ended up leaving the men to the endless eating to go outside with our boys so they would stop creating mayhem at the table. It was a good time all around.

Speaking of the little monster (and I mean that in the best way possible), Tycho officially has all the colors down pat! Now we are working on counting to ten. So far, you can say one number and he can tell you the next number in a consecutive manner, but only up to seven. For some reason seven and beyond is really hard to remember. Also, we found out that it's MUCH easier to get him dressed in the morning if we let him pick his own underwear and clothes. I took a picture this morning por ejemplo... just know that the outfit he picked this morning is actually tame and matches well compared to what he usually chooses. And, in case you wanted to know, he chose the Elmo underwear (who wouldn't?)

(jumping on the bed)

(he didn't feel like smiling for a proper picture after I took him away from jumping on the bed... can you blame him?)


p.s. Instead of hearing that I'm progressing normally, I'd rather hear, "Oh my goodness, I said your due date is November 9? I meant September 9! Let's get that baby out of you!" Oh, well, a girl can dream.

1 comment:

cal+claire said...

Haha that's awesome. I love that he gets to pick his clothes... and underwear. I definitely didn't care much about my underwear (although I went through a phase of wanting the ones with the days of the week on them) but I would have worn my Beauty and the Beast t-shirt any day of the week. Like whoa.