Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Yummy

I really want a subway sandwich. Does anyone else feel really guilty when you go out to eat, even if it's fast food? Because I do, even more so when I'm by myself (because when you go out to eat with your husband you can justify it as quality time)... which is why I never do it (by myself, that is). It's not only the cost, but let's break that down anyway:

If I were to get a subway sandwich, it would probably be a $5 footlong (great, now the jingle is stuck in my head). Hey, who woulda thought I would find a website that breaks down the cost of making your own sandwich? Here is what I would put on my sandwich:


Except that I make my own bread and it would cost about 4¢ instead of 25¢. So, that would be $1.55 (assuming that roast beef really costs 99¢ for ONE sandwich, which I highly doubt) to make my own sandwich, a difference of $3.45 from a subway sandwich. Big whoop, three dollars. BUT, if I did that once a week for a year, that's a grand total of $179.40! THAT's a lot of money. Anyway...

Like I said, it's not just the cost that bothers me. It's almost like I'm punishing myself for being unprepared, either because I didn't plan for enough time in the morning to make lunch, or because I was too lazy. Maybe not that I'm punishing myself--more like if I did eat out, I would be rewarding myself for nothing. Maybe that's weird too. Eating out is a reward? Yes, yes it is.

No comments: