Sunday, May 30, 2010

I Make Pregnancy Look Easy

I don't intend to, but I think I make pregnancy look easy. It's not. I think it's annoying when others complain (c'mon, suck it up, people!), so I try not to do it myself. Not complaining meshes well with my easygoing nature. There are those days, though, when I have to let it all out and ranting/complaining is the easiest way to do that. But the last couple sentences apply only in normal circumstances. Right NOW (and for the next several months), I feel like I'm more grouchy, complainy, burdensome, demanding, and all-around NOT easygoing.

Aside: Although I believe I have a right to blame my general bad attitude on hormones (because I'm not like this sans baby-in-my-uterus), I don't actually think it's hormones. Yes, hormones may cause horrible mood swings. BUT, if I were this fatigued, nauseated, fat, constipated, stressed, with tender and sometimes painful mammary glands, headaches, cramping, heartburn, itchiness (yes, itchiness), frequent trips to the bathroom, AND an aching back...? Why, yes, I think I would be most difficult to live with on a daily basis. Even without a parasite fetus growing inside me.

I FEEL like I'm more burdensome, but apparently I don't come across that way because Jacob brags to all other husbands-with-pregnant-wives about my pregnancies (first and second) being so easy. EASY? Of course there are several possible explanations for this. Maybe it's pride--he doesn't want people feeling sorry for him/me. Maybe it's a macho boasting thing--my wife's tougher than your wife. Or MAYBE he actually thinks it's EASY. I hope, for his sake, that it's not the latter.

No comments: